The eight best foods for general nutrition:
1. Adzuki Beans–excellent source of magnesium, protein, folate, and potassium
2. Broccoli–anticarcinogenic, antioxidant, and a great source of Vitamin A, folate and fiber
3. Eggs–highest quality of protein, 6 grams per large egg
4. Blueberries– antioxidants, cancer fighters, and for increasing cognitive ability
5. Oats–stabilize blood sugar., reduces cholesterol
6. Yogurt–probiotic, predigests milk proteins; people allergic to milk can enjoy as yogurt, and benefit from its calcium and protein
7. Walnuts–yield melatonin for good sleep, and can block breast and prostate cancer cells
8. Cherries, fresh, canned or dried–remedy for gout and other forms of arthritis.
1. Eggs, especially Omega-3 eggs.Buy the eggs from chickens allowed freedom to run out in the sunshine and eat bugs and greenery. They’ll cost more but they’re worth every cent.
2. Nuts–another source of Omega 3 fats. They also act to prevent cognitive decline.
3. Low glycemic foods: Apples, not applesauce. Organic apples so you can eat the skin, too. That’s where the quercetin is. The meat of the apple right next to the skin was my grandmother’s remedy for an upset stomach.
4. Kohl vegetables: cabbage, kale, brussels sprouts, broccoli, cauliflower. Four cups per week recommended.
5. Green tea: helps prevent diabetes. Antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, helps the liver break down toxins so your body can excrete them., and improves sensitivity to insulin.
6. Vitamin B12 yielding foods: meats, dairy products, and seafood. Older adults lose ability to extract B12 from foods. They may need sublingual B12 pills or shots for energy, to enhance memory, and to reduce homocysteine, a major contributor to Alzheimer’s.
7. Berries, red or blue or black, ½-cup daily. Their ellagic acid blocks cancer cell reproduction and they enhance memory and thinking ability.
Salt and Pepper
2 broccoli florets, chopped
2 Tablespoons coconut oil or butter